Are you interested in a career with the area's leading outdoor power equipment supplier? Check our availabilities below to see what exciting opportunities are waiting for you.
Location: Port Crane | Department: Service Department
Small engine mechanic will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of a wide variety of landscape equipment, including lawn mowers, line trimmers, leaf blowers, hedge trimmers, cutoff saws, chainsaws, sod cutters, and aerators. Small engine mechanics will also be expected to assist in the repair and maintenance of larger equipment such as trucks, trailers, and skid steers on an as-needed basis. Mechanics must maintain a well-organized and clean shop at all times.
Mechanics must take direction from the Shop Manager and serve the repair and maintenance needs of a large landscape production staff. As such, qualified candidates will display a consistent attitude of teamwork and positive cooperation when facing multi-faceted demands. Mechanics must be able to follow set schedules and maintenance routines, but also prioritize incoming work and function efficiently as independent problem solvers in the absence of constant or immediate supervision.
Additionally, mechanics must be able to work in a very physically demanding environment that includes frequent bending, stooping, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE IS REQUIRED FOR THIS JOB.
- Extensive knowledge of 2-cycle and 4-cycle engines.
- Ability to independently troubleshoot, find problems, and repair equipment.
- Ability to operate landscape equipment and power tools.
- Ability to weld and operate a cutting torch.
- Basic computer skills for simple data entry.
Location: Mansfield | Department: Service
Reports to: Service Manager
Independently performs advanced diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural and turf equipment.
- Performs advanced diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment and established Ag Management Solutions (AMS) products
- Participates in Service EDUCATE Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge
- Mentors Service Technician Trainees
- Conducts or supports customer clinics
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments
- Accounts for all time and all material used in performing assigned duties
- Performs diagnosis and repair in the field
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- 3+ years of experience performing service repairs
- Ability to perform advanced repairs and maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures on machines of the Technician’s specialty
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment
- Excellent skills in operating vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Ability to use Service Advisor and basic computer functions
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly
- Advanced Service Technician certification preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Associates degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license required; CDL (Commercial Drivers License) and fork lift license preferred
Please send resume to Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop down in person
Location: Mansfield | Department: Sales
Sells new and used agricultural and turf equipment to new and existing customers.
- Represents the company for the sale of machinery to customers in a defined sales area
- Maintains current product knowledge on features and benefits of all equipment potentially saleable by the dealership
- Monitors competitive activity/products and timely communicates to management accordingly
- Maintains all customer information in assigned territory for sales management
- Maintains assigned company vehicles and equipment
- Assists with the preparation and execution of customer events
- Maintains current knowledge of financing options to assist customers with securing the purchase of new and used goods
- Attends applicable sales training events/seminars
- May maintain current knowledge of used equipment values and ability to evaluate properly for trading purposes
- This position will require the salesman to travel in a designated territory.
- 2+ years equipment sales experience
- Knowledge of agricultural or turf equipment and farming or operational practices preferred
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret basic sales reports
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
Contact: Hunter Farr - 607-648-5776